We are delighted to present a one-of-a-kind bottle of D’USSÉ® Cognac from the Shawn Carter Foundation, with proceeds to benefit the charity launched by the acclaimed artist, philanthropist and entrepreneur “JAY-Z” to help individuals facing socio-economic hardships further their education at institutions of higher learning.
For collectors of rare whisky, the mention of The Macallan in the same breath as the name Sir Peter Blake has for many decades proved an irresistible combination. Next month, Sotheby’s is set to offer a one-of-a-kind original bottle of 1967 whisky from The Macallan’s newly launched Anecdotes of Ages Collection, a limited-release whisky and art collection created in collaboration with the renowned pop artist.
Estimated at $125,000–750,000, the extraordinary multi-component lot, including a print donated by Sir Peter as well as a bespoke VIP experience with The Macallan, will lead Sotheby’s first dedicated spirits sale in New York on 13 March. All of The Macallan’s proceeds from the sale will benefit the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum. Support from The Macallan will advance efforts underway at the Guggenheim to increase free access and develop engagement with a variety of audiences, in alignment with the museum’s diversity, equity, access and inclusion initiatives.
All proceeds from The Macallan’s sale will benefit the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum.
For collectors of rare whisky, the mention of The Macallan in the same breath as the name Sir Peter Blake has for many decades proved an irresistible combination. Next month, Sotheby’s is set to
Is your games night even complete without the prescence of booze? When you think game night you’ll think of fun, friends, and alcohol and in this scenerior some alcohol are better suited than others for the event.
You’ll want a spirit that’s somewhat premium, harsh but not to the point that it’ll leave one sick, and you’d also want flavour in your drink.
If you have a gamesnight with friends and you’re not really sure about which drinks you should get, below are our top 5 picks for you.
1. Patron Cafe: Tequila is the first thing that pops into everyones mind when a fun night of games in mentioned and if you’re goign to be having this liqour, you might as well bless your taste buds with a premium coffee flavoured one that won’t make you squeeze your face too much.
2. Agor Red wine: Not everyone might be a fan of liqour and there’d always be that one person who’d insist on not drinking too much (Maybe the person is the designated driver). For people who fall into this category, you could go the wine route and get yourself a bottle of this sweet dessert wine. Compared to the spirits on this list it’s quite mild and it’s a sweet wine.
3. American Honey: This whiskey literally tastes like honey and after Patron cafe, this might be our second favourite on this list as a lot of whiskey lovers enjoy this drink. Also, if you’re not really a fan of whiskey and you’re open to exploring whiskey, we recomend you start with this brand.
4. Martell Cognac: Now we’re entering the premium liquer territory. Most people argue that all liquer taste the same and buying expensive liquers is a waste of money. We think not!!! If you blind taste a cheap bottle of whiskey and an expensive one side by side, you’d find that the more expensive one would be smoother in the tongue, the flavour would be more complex and generally, the after feel of the expensive one would leave a smile on your face compared to you squeezing your face after sipping the cheaper whiskey.
5. Jameson Whiskey: In Nigeria, this whiskey has become the unofficial whiskey for the millenials as it converted a lot of non whiskey drinkers. But on a lighter note, is any type of party or games night in Nigeria complete without a bottle of Jameson whiskey being there?
Not Every time Wine, Sometimes Gin or Vodka!!!
There’s a time and place for everything. When you’re home alone and watching a movie, It’s wine o’clock. When you have guests you want to impress, It’s whiskey/Cognac time. But, when you’re throwing a small shindig or house party, Gin and Vodka MUST be present as they are known to get the parties started.
Random question though, are you a Gin or Vodka Person?
When the best cocktails of all times are being listed, it’ll be close to impossible not to mention the sangria cocktail as it’s quite decadent and a fan favourite when properly made.
If you’ve ever tasted this cocktail before and you’d love to recreate it at home, below is the simple step to recreate this simple drink.
When it comes to making cocktails you need three content, The Base (Juice or soda), The Liquor and the Syrup. Everything else is extra and without these three solid pillars, your cocktail is incomplete.
While making cocktails isn’t rocket science it’s no easy feat either as you can learn it on your own and master it in a matter of months.
If you’re open to experimenting with cocktails and you already have your liquor and base ready, then you need these 4 cocktail syrups
Great food tastes better when you pair it with wine and since it’s Valentine’s day, what better time it to pair your valentines lunch/Dinner with a bottle of fine wine.
If you fall into the category of those who’ll be eating in and you need some wine suggestions, we’ve got you covered. Below are 5 of the finest wines we recommend you sip today.
Have you ever been detained in a traffic-congested road on your way to get the last batch of your birthday drinks? Or fear you may get drinks of poor and adulterated quality or even be short of ideas for the best drinks? Then it is time you allowed the DrinksDirect brand into your lives to handle all your drinks concerns. Because when you tell yourself you can drink, then the tables on your event day has to be decorated with the best drinks in Lagos.